slow cooker ranch cream cheese chicken
is it me or is it HOT!?! my goodness gracious. cutting on the oven in the house, is like turning on a sauna. in an effort to keep cool, we close the blinds in our sunny living room and try not to use the oven or stove. with that said, i wanted to create a few slow cooker recipes to rotate through this incredibly hot summer. the package of cream cheese didn't stand a chance when i noticed it sitting in the fridge. i was in the mood for something creamy and it would fit the bill nicely. i used the dry ingredients for my homemade ranch dressing to season the chicken with. after the chicken slow cooked in a little bit of chicken stock and created it's own broth, i stirred some melted cream cheese into it. it was pure heaven. that sauce needed to be jarred and sold in a store somewhere. but until then, it's just fine on my plate! 🙂
- 1 teaspoon paprika -
- 1/4 teaspoon dill -
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley -
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard -
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder -
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt - or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 onion - sliced
- 4 chicken breasts -
- 1/2 cup chicken broth -
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese -
- 1/2 cup milk - i used 2%
- in a small bowl, combine the seasonings with pepper to taste. i added the garlic to my mixture, however you can add it to the sliced onions in the crockpot, if you like.
- sprinkle the seasoning mix over the chicken evenly.
- add the sliced onion (and garlic if you choose), to the bottom of the slow cooker. place the chicken breasts on top.
- pour in the chicken broth as well. cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- in a small saucepan, heat the cream cheese and milk over low heat. whisk the mixture until smooth.
- slowly stir the melted cream cheese into the chicken juices created in the crockpot.
- cook on low for an additional hour. serve over rice.
13 responses to slow cooker ranch cream cheese chicken
Pingback: Foodies TV » Slow Cooker Ranch Cream Cheese Chicken