salmon is one of our favorite fish! we love to try eating it different ways. we love spicy and love dijon mustard. why not try the two together? 🙂 be create and try different spices, different mustards, etc.
- 2 tablespoons butter -
- 2 slices of bread -
- 1 teaspoon parsley -
- 4 frozen (6 ounce) salmon fillets - defrosted, thawed, patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil -
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes -
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard -
- 1 lemon - wedged
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.
- in a food processor, process the bread into coarse crumbs. add in the parsley, salt/pepper to taste and pulse again. in a small pan, heat the butter over medium heat. add the bread crumbs and saute, tossing constantly until lightly browned. set aside to cool.
- in a small bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes and dijon mustard. season the salmon fillets with salt/pepper to taste and place the salmon fillets on the prepared cookie sheet. brush on a even layer of the dijon mustard mixture. sprinkle the toasted bread crumbs over the top.
- bake salmon 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the salmon is cooked through. serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over top.