sometimes i am in the mood for more than one flavor. i want sweet, spicy and savory all in one bite! so it seemed only perfect to add a tad bit of brown sugar in the rub mixture for the perfect amount of sweetness. cayenne never hurt anybody either. this sweet, spicy and savory chicken will make you shout and will have your taste buds dancing all over the place! 🙂
- 1 tablespoon salt -
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper -
- 1 tablespoon onion powder -
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme -
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder -
- 1 tablespoon paprika -
- 1/2 cup brown sugar -
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne -
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts -
- 2 tablespoons canola oil -
a tutorial on how to make this video can be found here.
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl. sprinkle the rub liberally over chicken and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- preheat an oven safe pan over high heat. when the pan gets very hot and starts to smoke, put oil in the pan. swirl the pan around to get a even layer of oil. put the chicken face down into the pan for 3 – 5 minutes or until you get a dark brown sear on the chicken. flip the chicken to the other side and immediately put in the preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until the juices run clear.