three layer chocolate banana cream pie
this easter, i decided not to make any cakes. pies only! so i make my strawberry yogurt pie and this three layer chocolate banana cream pie. a fruity one for me and a chocolate for the hubby. i guess it goes without saying that my hubby's pie stole the show. not that it was a competition or anything. i mean, it doesn't even count. 🙂 but anyway, it was so good! of course, i can not stop the hubby from saying that this is his favorite pie ever. as a matter of fact, he is eating a piece as we speak. in silence. welp, at least his new favorite pie is so simple to make! 🙂
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar -
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips -
- 1 graham cracker crust -
- 2 large bananas, divided -
- 1 container cool whip -
- cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy.
- melt the chocolate in a microwaveable bowl or double boiler. blend the chocolate into the cream cheese and powdered sugar mixture until combined.
- spoon the chocolate mixture into the graham cracker crust.
- slice one of the bananas over the top of the chocolate mixture. set aside.
- add the container of cool whip to a bowl. mash the remaining banana in another bowl until liquified. fold the mashed banana into the cool whip.
- spoon the banana cream over top of the bananas. place the pie in the refrigerator overnight to set.
- slice and serve.
...and take a bite...
- i decided to buy the container of cool whip because it was priced at $1.29, which was less than buying a small container of heavy cream and adding sugar. if your cool whip or whipped topping is more expensive, make your own.
- the same goes for the graham cracker crust. it was $2.00, which cost the exact same as buying a package of graham crackers, the stick of butter and sugar. take the short cut when the prices are the same!
2 responses to three layer chocolate banana cream pie