triple chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing
for guy's nite, i was trying to figure out a SPECTACULAR dessert for the world cup. it was a big deal to the guy's, so i wanted them to have something over the top. given my hubby's serious chocolate craving, i pounced on that. so i tripled the doggone chocolate! triple chocolate, baby! i added real chocolate, cocoa powder and white chocolate. the white chocolate doesn't melt as much and adds a bit of sweet texture to the cupcake. the peanut butter icing put it over the top. the guy's went crazy over these just like i hoped. try them today!
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder -
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda -
- 1 1/4 cup flour -
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder -
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -
- 1 stick butter -
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips -
- 3/4 cup brown sugar -
- 2 eggs -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla -
- 1/4 cup buttermilk -
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips -
- peanut butter icing
- 1 stick butter - softened
- 1 cup peanut butter -
- 2 cups powdered sugar -
- 4 tablespoons milk -
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees. line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake liners.
- in a bowl, sift together the baking powder, baking soda, flour, cocoa powder and salt. set aside.
- in a microwavable bowl, add the butter and semi sweet chocolate chips. add to the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time until melted.
- add the chocolate to a larger bowl. using a blender or whisk, blend in the brown sugar until mixed well.
- mix in the eggs, one at a time until combined. stir in the vanilla.
- slowly blend in half of the reserved dry ingredients alternatively with the buttermilk until mixed.
- fold in the white chocolate chips.
- spoon into the prepared liners.
- bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- for the icing - blend all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth. pipe decoratively onto the cupcakes.
4 responses to triple chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing