in brainstorming valentines day treats, i starting thinking about bite-size and individual portion desserts. the chocolate cheesecake stuffed strawberries were perfect in that arena. but then i had the challenge of trying to figure out what dessert i would bake in a ramekin WITH valentines day colors! molten cakes are our favorite thing to eat around here, but i actually just posted a molten cake recipe for thanksgiving. last year was red velvet white chocolate brownies, which were killer, too. then bread pudding hit me like a ton of bricks. how about white chocolate bread pudding with some type of red sauce. strawberry? perfect. this bread pudding is not too rich. i used wheat bread cause it was all i had in my pantry and the same goes for the half and half. personal sized moist bread pudding, with a sweet and tart strawberry sauce is one heck of a valentines day dessert. no spoon fights please.
- 7 slices of bread cubes - i used wheat bread, it was all i had on hand
- 1 cup white chocolate chips - chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter - melted
- 1 1/2 cup half and half -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla -
- 1/4 cup sugar -
- 3 eggs - beaten
- - strawberry sauce
- 1 cup frozen strawberries - defrosted
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar -
- preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- add the cubed bread and white chocolate to a large bowl.
- drizzle the melted butter over the top of the bread and chocolate and toss to coat.
- heat the half and half, vanilla and sugar over low heat. stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- ladle the half and half mixture slowly into the eggs while whisking.
- pour the custard over the reserved bread mixture through a sieve. let the pudding sit for about 10 minutes, to allow the bread to soak up the custard.
- spoon some of the bread pudding into each ramekin. i used 4 (6-ounce) glass ramekins. however, feel free to use 6 (4-ounce) ramekins or even pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until browned and springs back when you touch it.
- for the strawberry drizzle - blend the strawberries and powdered sugar in a blender until smooth. drizzle over the warm white chocolate bread pudding.
try not to drink the sauce, please.
brace yourself for the first bite, please.
slap yo momma good.