white ricotta pizza
my hubby loves white pizzas. we used to order from a pizza place in our old neighborhood and their pizza was amazing! since we moved, we have not been able to find one that tastes as good. so then, my mind starting working on one i could make at home. i played around with some ingredients and came up with this recipe. my hubby said, this is the best white pizza i have ever had! now, yes he is trained to say the right things (lol), but this white pizza was pretty darned good.
- 16 ounces of homemade or frozen pizza dough - thawed
- 1/4 cup olive oil -
- 2 garlic cloves - smashed
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese -
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine -
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese -
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning -
- salt/pepper -
- 2 cups italian five cheese blend -
- preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- in a small pan, add the olive oil and smashed garlic. turn on low. heat until garlic is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- in a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, minced garlic, parmesan cheese and salt/pepper to taste.
- you can find my homemade pizza dough recipe here.
- lightly flour a cutting board. roll the dough out, getting stretching to about 11 inches in diameter (or thinner if you like thin crust). brush on the garlic oil over the crust. spread a thin layer of the ricotta mixture evenly leaving the edges open for the crust. top with italian cheeses. bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
don't forget about frozen pizza dough if you do not feel like making fresh! frozen pizza dough is amazing. it is made by professionals and tastes like it! if i do not feel like making my own dough, it is very easy to defrost some out of the freezer. we no longer order pizza which was pretty expensive. invest in one of those cheap $5 round pizza trays with holes.
5 responses to white ricotta pizza
Pingback: Links You Need to Read #42 -