homemade tortillas chips make all the difference in taste. they taste so good hot and fresh from the stove not to include how heavenly they smell while cooking. change it up a bit and experiment with different spices on your chips. they are great savory or sweet. for a sweet chip, sprinkle on a little bit of cinnamon sugar. a great dessert!
- - avacado tomato salsa
- 4 tomatoes - seeded
- 2 large avocados - pitted, chopped
- 1 lime - juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro - chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil -
- 1/2 onion - chopped
- - homemade tortillas chips
- 1 package (10 count) white corn tortillas - cut into wedges
- 2 cups canola oil -
- preheat canola oil to about 325 degrees. once the oil starts to ripple, place a wedge of the tortillas into the oil. if bubbles form quickly around the wedge and it quickly floats to the top, it is ready. carefully drop the wedges in the oil in batches, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. fry for about a minute on each side, for a light colored, slightly chewy chip. fry harder for more crunchy chips. salt the chips immediately when they come out of the oil. to bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. coat the wedges with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle salt or desired seasonings evenly over the chips. arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 8 -10 minutes until lightly golden.
- avocado tomato salsa - combine tomatoes, avocados, lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, chopped onion and salt/pepper to taste in a small bowl.