balsamic chicken skillet
my hubby is a balsamic vinegar lover. he loves it as a salad dressing or incorporated into his meals somehow. when i made this for him, he about died. it had him all laid out in the floor. 🙂 he loves it so much, he requests it often. very often. to the point where i have to shut his behind down! lol. it dawned on me that i did not have this recipe on my website yet. when he requested it today, i figured today would be the day to post it. this recipe is very strong on the pallet with the balsamic vinegar but in a tasteful and delicious way. it is tangy, sweet and savory all at once. i hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we do!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil -
- 3 raw chicken breasts -
- 1/4 cup flour -
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar -
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock -
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme -
- 1 onion - cut into slices
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tomato - cubed
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees. line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. set aside.
- preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. add the oil to the pan.
- season the 3 chicken breasts on both sides with season salt and pepper.
- add the flour to a flat plate. lightly dredge the chicken in the flour. once the pan is hot, add the floured chicken breasts. allow to cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until browned. flip the chicken to the other side. after about 2 minutes, add the chicken to the prepared cookie sheet.
- place in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- meanwhile, add the onions and garlic to the chicken drippings in the pan.
- add in the balsamic vinegar, chicken broth and thyme. stir, scraping the bits off the bottom of the pan. bring to a boil and reduce to medium low. continue cooking, allowing the sauce to reduce slightly. add in the chopped tomato.
- remove the chicken from the oven and slice. place the chicken into sauce along with the cooking juices from the baking pan. cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes more. serve over rice or with noodles.