this meal comes together very quickly. i like dark broths so i used beef bouillon. feel free to use chicken broth or chicken bouillon. excellent with steak or pork.
- 3 boneless skiness chicken breasts - cut into cubes
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger -
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar -
- 4 broccoli stalks - florets cut off, stalks chopped
- 2 cups water -
- 2 beef bouillon cubes -
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce -
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil -
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch -
- 2 tablespoons canola oil -
- place chopped chicken, garlic, ginger and rice vinegar in a ziploc bag. seal, toss to coat and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- in a small bowl combine 2 cups of hot water, the beef bouillon cubes, soy sauce and sesame oil. once the mixture has cooled slightly, whisk in cornstarch. set aside.
- bring a large pot of water to a boil. salt the water and add the broccoli. blanch the broccoli for no more than 3 minutes, leaving it bright green and still crisp. immediately place the broccoli in a large bowl full of ice water to stop the cooking process. strain off the excess water and set aside.
- preheat a heavy bottom dutch oven or wok with canola oil. once hot and smoking, add marinated chicken with salt/pepper to taste. toss until cooked through and brown. add in the beef stock mixture, scraping the bits on the bottom of the pan and bring to a boil to thicken. once thick, reduce heat, add in reserved broccoli, toss and serve over rice.