this quick, inexpensive meal tastes delicious! great with shrimp, chicken or any other protein or by itself. toss in whatever leftover veggies you have in the fridge. this meal comes together quickly and is perfect for a quick mid week meal. my son is allergic to peanuts so i wanted to try a version that did not have peanut butter. it worked! however, if you would like a creamier dressing, feel free to add some peanut butter.
- 1 lb thin spaghetti -
- 1/4 cup soy sauce -
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar -
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar -
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil -
- 3 cloves garlic - finely minced or grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger -
- 1 cup thinly sliced snow peas -
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced into matchsticks -
- 4 scallions - chopped
- red pepper flakes/chili oil (optional) -
- sesame seeds -
- bring a large pot of water to a boil. once the water is boiling, salt the water and add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. drain and set aside.
- in a large bowl, add the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. whisk until brown sugar dissolves into the sauce. add in the veggies and hot pasta, tossing to coat, allowing the hot pasta to soak in all of the sauce. transfer into a serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds.