hamburger meat/veggie stir-fry with hoisin gravy
my husband loves hamburger meat. so i try to come up with dishes that contain hamburger meat. this particular day, i was in the mood for asian. this dish was right up my alley. the hoisin gravy was sweet, savory and tasted amazing. it turned out very flavorful and my hubby loved it.
- 1 onion - thickly sliced into strips
- 1 carrot - sliced into strips
- 1/2 pound mushrooms - quartered
- 1 cup napa cabbage - chopped
- 1 cup snow peas - chopped
- 1 pound hamburger meat -
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 cup beef stock -
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce -
- 2 tablespoons hoisin -
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar -
- 1 tablespoon sugar -
- 1 tablespoon corn starch -
- preheat a heavy bottom dutch oven or wok with canola oil. once hot and smoking, add the veggies (onion, carrots, mushrooms, napa cabbage and snow peas) with salt/pepper to taste. toss until slightly wilted but still crisp. remove from the pan. let the pan reheat for a minute.
- in a small bowl combine beef stock, soy sauce, hoisin, rice vinegar, sugar and cornstarch. whisk until combined and set aside.
- once the pan is hot again, add the hamburger meat, garlic and salt/pepper to taste. stir-fry until the meat is cooked through and brown. add in the hoisin mixture, scraping the bits from the bottom of the pan and bring to a boil to thicken. once thick, reduce heat, add in reserved veggies (pouring off/discarding any water that drained from the veggies into the bowl) and toss to coat. great served over rice or noodles.
chicken or shrimp would go well with this meal as well.
2 responses to hamburger meat/veggie stir-fry with hoisin gravy