frittatas are a excellent way to get dinner on the table quickly. these one pot meals are very versatile and affordable. this version is loaded with sweet cherry tomatoes and different cheeses. if you do not have the cooking creme, try some cream cheese with italian herbs. great for breakfast or for dinner.
- 1 tablespoon butter -
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes - halved
- 8 eggs -
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme -
- 2 scallions - chopped
- 2 tablespoons philadelphia cooking cream - (italian cheese and herb)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream -
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese -
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese -
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- in a large, nonstick skillet set over moderate heat, heat the 1 tablespoon of butter. add the tomatoes, salt/pepper to taste and cook, stirring occasionally for about 2 -3 minutes.
- in a large bowl, combine the eggs, thyme, scallions, philadelphia cooking creme, heavy cream and mozzarella. carefully pour the egg mixture over the tomatoes. cook over low to medium heat until firm around the edges, about 3-4 minutes. place in the oven and bake until the center is firm to the touch, about 15 to 20 minutes. remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing. transfer to a plate and cut into wedges.