crispy mongolian beef
you know when you have that craving for a sweet and savory? that is exactly what i was feeling one night. mongolian beef was the first thing that popped into my head. so, we're ordering in (again) tonight, folks. keep your money in your pocket!
- 2 cups canola oil -
- remaining 1 pound raw flank steak, sliced -
- 1 cup cornstarch -
- 3 cloves garlic - grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger - grated
- 1/3 cup soy sauce -
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar -
- 1/4 cup water -
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil -
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch -
- 4 scallions, sliced on the bias -
- this is a '3 in 1 meal'.
- add oil to a wok or deep frying pan and preheat to 375 degrees.
- season the steak with salt pepper to taste, then add it along with the cornstarch to a large ziploc bag. seal the bag and toss to coat. shake off excess cornstarch and place strips on a sheet tray lined with aluminum foil for about 10 - 15 minutes to allow cornstarch to adhere to the steak. add steak to hot oil and stir-fry briefly until crispy. discard oil. place the pan back on the burner to get hot again.
- in a mixing bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, water, sesame seed oil and cornstarch.
- in the hot same wok or deep frying pan, add the sauce and let bubble and thicken for about 30 seconds. add the fried steak strips and scallions; toss to coat.
5 responses to crispy mongolian beef
Pingback: Crispy Mongolian Beef! http://www.pomanmeals.com/crispy-mongolian-beef/ | Migliori ricette veloci