coffee chocolate chip pound cake
i love the flavor of coffee and it is perfect in this cake is very light and moist cake. if you dare, try my recipe where this cake is combined with mascarpone cream and chocolate sauce!
- 1 cup unsalted butter - softened
- 1 cup white sugar -
- 1 cup brown sugar -
- 3 tablespoons instant coffe -
- 1/4 cup hot water -
- 3/4 cup buttermilk -
- 1 tablespoon vanilla -
- 3 eggs -
- 3 cups flour -
- 1 teaspoon baking powder -
- 2 teaspoons baking soda -
- 1/2 teaspoon salt -
- 1 cup chocolate chips -
- 1 tablespoon flour -
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar -
- preheat oven to 325 degrees. grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- combine the instant coffee and hot water together in a small bowl. set aside to cool. after the mixture has cooled combine with buttermilk.
- toss the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of flour in a small bowl and set aside.
- sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. set aside. in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract. alternately beat in the flour mixture and the coffee/buttermilk mixture, mixing just until incorporated. gently fold in chocolate chip/flour mixture.
- pour batter into a 10 inch bundt pan. bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. try not to over bake. it will result in a dry cake. allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. once cooled, dusted with powdered sugar.