this meal is very rich and delicious. splurging never tasted so good! want to make the entire meal with crepes? try my bananas foster crepes with sweet cream recipe for dessert!
you can store crepes in seal-able plastic bags in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for up to two months.
- - for crepes
- 2 eggs -
- 3/4 cup milk -
- 1/2 cup water -
- 1 cup flour -
- 3 tablespoon melted butter - plus butter for coating pan
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley -
- - filling/cream sauce
- 1/2 cup flour -
- 2 cups chicken stock -
- 1 1/2 cup flour -
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided -
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts - chopped into squares
- 8 ounces, baby bella mushrooms -
- 1/2 cup onions - chopped
- 1 glove garlic, minced -
- 3 tablespoons butter -
- 1 cup parmesan cheese -
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees. butter a glass 9 by 13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- for the crepes: blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. refrigerate for 1 hour.
- heat a small non-stick pan over medium heat. add butter to coat. pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. let cook for 30 seconds and carefully flip. cook for another 10 seconds and remove to the plate. continue until all batter is gone. separate crepes with wax paper and keep warm until ready to serve.
- in a medium saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until thick and lightly brown, 2 to 3 minutes. whisk in the stock slowly into the flour mixture. bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently until thick. slowly whisk in the half and half and simmer, stirring, until blended and thickened. season with salt/pepper to taste. remove from the heat.
- heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in medium another pan. add chicken and cook over medium-high heat until brown and cooked through. remove chicken from pan. add remaining oil to the pan along with mushrooms. saute for a few minutes and add onions and garlic. cook for 5 more minutes. reduce the heat to low and stir in enough of the reserved cream sauce to bind and thicken, about 1 cup. remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- place the crepes on a cutting board. one at a time, spoon about 3 tablespoons of the chicken cream filling into each crepe, and roll into a cylinder. place, seam side down, in the prepared baking dish. repeat with the remaining crepes.
- to the remaining cream sauce, add half of the parmesan cheese and stir to combine. pour the sauce evenly over the crepes. top with the remaining parmesan cheese. bake for 30 minutes, uncovered. then put the casserole under the broiler for about 5 minutes until lightly browned on top.