we are breakfast lovers, particularly pancakes. this was my hubby's request for father's day this year. his favorite berry is blueberries as is my youngest son. they turned out great! feel free to try with different berries.
- 1 cup flour -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract -
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder -
- 1 teaspoon baking soda -
- 1/4 cup sugar -
- 1 egg -
- 1/4 cup applesauce -
- 1 cup milk -
- 1/2 pint blueberries -
- maple syrup, for serving -
- preheat a griddle or skillet over medium high heat.
- in a large bowl dry ingredients. in a seperate bowl, mix wet ingredients. gradually stir the wet ingredients into the dry. please do not over mix. whisk until smooth. ladle a small amount of the batter onto a buttered skillet or griddle, and immediately drop a few blueberries onto the pancake batter. once bubbles form, then turn over and cook for another minute. repeat with remaining pancake batter. serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar and garnish with remaining blueberries.
the reason why i do not add the berries to the batter is they may all fall to the bottom or you may get too many in one pancake. be sure to taste the berries before you use them and make sure they are sweet.
2 responses to blueberry pancakes