risotto is amazing all by itself. wrap it in some panko and fry it until crispy? ridiculous! all of the measurements in this recipe are approximate depending on how much risotto you have leftover. crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside. yummy.
- 2 cups leftover chilled risotto - link for recipe below
- 1/2 cup flour -
- 1 egg - lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs -
- 1/2 cup canola oil -
- preheat the oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat.
- create a breading station for your risotto cakes. place the flour, egg and panko in separate shallow bowls. roll the leftover chilled risotto into small balls and press into patties. lightly dredge each patties in the flour, then the egg and press into the panko crumbs.
- cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown. flip the cake with a spatula and cook on the other side for another 3-5 minutes.