maggie's notes for this recipe -' this recipe creates A LOT of sauce. more than you will need for one lasagna. freeze for the next lasagna! my son does not like foods too acidic. so i found a way to recreate my mom's lasagna and cut the acidity. also, it takes away all the work of layering lasagna. the sauce contains everything except the cheese!'
- 1 lb ground beef -
- 1 (13 ounce) container of ragu -
- 1 (24 ounce) container of sour cream -
- 1 (ounce) container of cottage cheese -
- 3 eggs - lightly beaten
- 1 package lasagna noodles -
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese -
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees. lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- bring a large pot of water to a boil. add salt, some oil (to avoid sticking) and the package of lasagna noodles. cook according to package instructions. drain, separate onto paper towels and allow to cool.
- heat a large skillet over a medium-high heat. add the ground beef and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon. season well with salt/pepper. saute until no longer pink. set aside, let cool slightly.
- in a large bowl, combine the ragu, sour cream, cottage cheese and eggs. mix well. spoon in the cooled hamburger meat. stir to combine. season sauce with salt/pepper to taste.
- spoon some of the sauce into the prepared casserole dish. add a layer of the noodles. spoon some of the sauce over the noodles. sprinkle over some mozzarella cheese. repeat 2 more times. cover and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. remove foil and bake until bubbly and brown. for quicker browning, set under broiler.