vanilla pancakes w/almond butter
we are breakfast lovers, particularly pancakes. whether we are eating this recipe or my blueberry pancakes, i always have to make up a batch of my chicken apple sausages to go with it. i always make extra to freeze and then defrost quickly saturday morning. i know when i wake up, the first thing my kids will say before 'good morning mommy' is, 'can we have pancakes'? yes kiddies, mommy loves you too. 🙂
- 2 cups flour -
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder -
- 2 teaspoons baking soda -
- 1/2 cup sugar -
- 2 teaspoons vanilla -
- 2 eggs -
- 1/2 cup oil -
- 2 cups milk -
- maple syrup, for serving -
- - pecan butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans -
- 1/2 cup butter -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla -
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar -
- 1 tablespoon honey -
- preheat a griddle or skillet over medium high heat.
- in a large bowl dry ingredients. in a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. gradually stir the wet ingredients into the dry. please do not over mix. whisk until smooth. ladle a small amount of the batter onto a buttered skillet or griddle. once bubbles form, then turn over and cook for another minute. repeat with remaining pancake batter. serve with pecan butter and maple syrup.
- for pecan butter - mix all ingredients. roll in parchment paper and freeze. cut into slices and top vanilla pancakes.
feel free to sub in applesauce for the oil.
2 responses to vanilla pancakes w/almond butter