if you are anything like our family, you have a true love for fajitas. it is one of the things that we look forward to ordering when we eat out. so it is natural for me to try to recreate one of our loves, that stretches further. when i go to any grocery store, i keep an eye out for thinly sliced beef round. it is very inexpensive and can be used in a variety of dishes such as steak sandwiches, beef stir-fry's and this beef fajita recipe. the key to this dish is absolutely the marinated beef, close to what i used in my fajita chicken recipe! with that flavorful component, it makes a delicious sauce that our family loved!
- - beef marinade
- 1/2 lime - juiced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce -
- 1 teaspoon cumin -
- 1 teaspoon chili powder -
- 1 1/2 pound thinly sliced beef round -
- - pasta
- 1 lb rotini pasta -
- 1 green bell pepper - sliced
- 1 red bell pepper - sliced
- 1 onion - sliced
- 1 cup beef broth -
- 3 tablespoons butter -
- combine the fajita marinade in a large ziploc bag.
- add in the thinly sliced beef. allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- bring a large pot of water to a boil. salt the water and add the pasta. cook according to the box instructions.
- heat a large skillet over high heat. once screaming hot, add the steak. allow to sear by not moving for a few minutes.
- season with salt/pepper to taste. saute until your desired doneness and remove from the pan.
- add in the peppers and onions to the same pan. season with salt/pepper if desired.
- saute for a few minutes until slightly tender. return the steak back to the pan. add in the beef stock and butter.
- pour in the reserved rotini noodles and stir until combined.
- serve hot.