this meal is very comforting and rustic. i love the natural flavor of the vegetables. they still have a slight crunch and are delicious. for added kick add some red pepper flakes. to go vegetarian, use veggie stock.
- - for roasted veggies
- 1 large zucchini - chopped
- 1 yellow squash - chopped
- 1 onion - chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms - chopped
- 1 red bell pepper - chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning -
- 1/4 cup olive oil -
- salt / pepper -
- - for creamy polenta
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock - or veggie stock
- 1/2 cup milk -
- 1 cup quick cooking polenta -
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese - grated
- 2 tablespoons butter -
- salt/pepper -
- handful parsely - chopped
- preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- place chopped vegetables and garlic on a baking sheet. drizzle the veggies with olive oil, season well with salt/pepper to taste and italian seasoning. toss to coat. place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- to make polenta: heat chicken broth and milk until hot. whisk in polenta and stir until thickened. stir in the parmesan cheese and butter. season with salt/pepper to taste.
- spoon desired amount of the polenta onto a serving plate. top with roasted vegetables and garnish with chopped parsley.