irish cream cheese brownies
every one of my friends know that i do not experiment very much with alcohol. i drink wine on occasion and get nervous anytime i have to cook with alcohol. this recipe is my attempt to step outside the box. a little bit. i had to go buy some irish cream in the abc store and wondered to myself, "man this is a HUGE bottle. what the heck am i gonna do with the rest of it?" lol. anyway, we LOVED these brownies. i thought it would be perfect for st. patrick's day approaching quickly. i made it for the guys for their guy's nite and it was not one left. good thing i stole a few beforehand! anyway, i guess this is to be continued! i will have to find a way to use the rest of this liqueur! any suggestions? 🙂
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) - cubed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips -
- 1 1/4 cup sugar -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla -
- 3 eggs -
- 3/4 cup flour -
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder -
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -
- 1/4 cup milk -
- irish cream layer
- 1 package cream cheese - room temperature
- 1/4 cup irish cream liqueur -
- 1/3 cup sugar -
- 1 tablespoon flour -
- 1 egg -
- 4 drops green food color -
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees. line a 9x9 baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. set aside.
- in a microwavable bowl, add the butter and semi sweet chocolate chips.
- place in the microwave for 30 second intervals until melted. allow to cool slightly. transfer to a larger bowl (if needed).
- blend the sugar into the chocolate.
- mix in the eggs, one at a time until incorporated.
- add all the dry ingredients into a bowl. slowly blend in half of the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture.
- blend in the milk and then add in the remaining in dry ingredients.
- reserve about a cup of the brownie batter and set aside. spoon the remaining brownie batter into the prepared baking pan.
- in another bowl, blend the cream cheese, irish cream liqueur, sugar, flour, egg and green food coloring.
- blend until mixed well.
- pour the irish cream mixture over the brownie batter in the pan.
- dollop the reserved cup of brownie batter over the irish cream mixture.
- using a knife, swirl the brownie batter into the irish cream mixture.
- slice and eat!