creamy parmesan pasta
i LOVE pasta. i mean really love it! for me, pasta preparation does not require much. i will eat it with butter, salt and pepper. today i was looking for a little creamy but not dredged in sauce. this recipe hit the spot. it kind of reminds me of a lighter alfredo sauce. it is not drowning in sauce, but there is just enough to perfectly season the pasta. the time it takes to cook the pasta, is the amount of time it takes to make this dish. i served it with some crusty bread, and i was in heaven.
- 1/2 pound rotini pasta - or your favorite pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter -
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 cup half and half -
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish -
- 1 scallion - chopped (optional)
- bring a large pot of water to a boil. generously salt the water and add the pasta. cook according to the package instructions.
- add the butter to a large pan and melt it under medium heat. add the garlic and stir it around in the butter until fragrant.
- add the half and half. let simmer for a few minutes until slightly reduced.
- stir in the parmesan cheese. taste the sauce and season with salt/pepper to taste.
- once the pasta is done, strain and immediately pour into the sauce.
- add the scallions and stir to coat.
- serve immediately with more parmesan cheese, if desired.
2 responses to creamy parmesan pasta