my husband's friend justin helped me master these cookies. i started making them for the guy's game nite's and justin always put in a request for them. they are now a family favorite and it is amazing how simple they are to make. be sure to make an extra batch and freeze!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter - room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar -
- 3/4 cup white sugar -
- 2 eggs -
- 2 teaspoons vanilla -
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice -
- 3 cups all purpose flour -
- 2 teaspoons baking soda -
- 1/2 teaspoon salt -
- - snickerdoodle topping
- 1/4 cup sugar -
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon -
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- in a large bowl, using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars. mix in the eggs one at a time and then add vanilla and lemon juice. mix until incorporated.
- in a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- add in the flour mixture to the wet and continue mixing until just combined.
- in a sandwich bag add the sugar and cinnamon. using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, pick up some of the batter. roll into a ball and drop into the cinnamon sugar. seal the bag and toss to coat (i would coat 3 balls at one time). place on the baking sheet. repeat with remaining dough. bake 8 - 10 minutes. the cookies will be extremely soft and may not be completely done when they come out of the oven. if you let them bake too long they will be too hard. let them cool for a few minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool. once they cool they will be crunchy around the edges and soft in the middle.
one response to snickerdoodle cookies